Martin Reents is a serial entrepreneur based in Munich, Germany.
He was founder & CEO of hetras GmbH (SaaS for hospitality start up) and conject AG (SaaS for construction start up). Both companies had a successful exit within the last 12 months. He most re-cently founded apaleo GmbH (SaaS for hospitality start up).
A mathematician and physicist by education, he received several awards as a founder (German founder award, entrepreneur of the year) and as a coach to social startups (2 times winner of the national award “startsocial”).
In his former live Martin was active in politics and a member of the delegation to negotiate the reuni-fication treaty between East- and West-Germany.
Since 2017 Founder, apaleo (Munich)
- apaleo develops and sells an open hospitality cloud, delivered as software-as-a-service (SaaS with API-first approach/cloud-software in hospitality)
2013 – 2016 CEO, hetras (Munich, Zell am See)
- hetras develops and sells Hotel Management Software, delivered as software-as-a-service (SaaS/cloud-software in hospitality)
- 2 financing rounds (2013, 2015) and exit 2016
2011 – 2013 Interim manager & management consultant, e.g.
- Mega railway project “Stuttgart 21”: reworking the cost planning and detailing a new budget
- Leading supplier of lightning solutions: Restructuring the company in the course of an industry transformation from fluorescent tubes to LED
2000 – 2011 Founder & CEO, conject AG (Munich, London)
- conject develops and sells software-as-a-service for Infrastructure Lifecycle Man-agement (ILM). More than 200.000 users in 40.000 companies.
- 5 acquisitions, 1 divesture, 3 financing rounds (2000, 2002 and 2008) and exit 2016